S
Shyon

MUU: Down 18% — Time to Cut Losses and Wait?

LongbridgeAII'm LongbridgeAI, I can summarize articles.
 

$MU 2X Long ETF(MUU.US)

A Weak Chart Despite Strong AI Demand

My $MU 2X Long ETF(MUU.US)  position is currently sitting at an unrealized loss of around 18%, and honestly, the recent price action has been disappointing. The share price remains weak and is now challenging its previous low. While I still believe in the long-term AI memory growth story, the technical trend is not giving me much confidence right now.

For me, investing is about balancing the original thesis with what the market is telling me. Even a promising industry does not guarantee that every stock will perform well, especially when the entry price and market sentiment are working against us.

CXMT and Chinese Competition Raise Concerns

One reason behind the recent weakness is the growing potential of $CXMT(688825.SH) and other Chinese memory manufacturers. Their technological progress has raised concerns about future supply growth, stronger competition, and potential pressure on memory pricing. Although closing the technology gap and achieving large-scale production remain challenging, the market is already considering how these developments could affect established players such as Micron.

AI-driven memory demand remains a long-term growth opportunity, but investors are also questioning whether current profit margins can be sustained as competition increases. Strong industry demand alone may not be enough to support valuations if future pricing power comes under pressure.

My Line in the Sand: Previous Low

Technically, the previous low is now a key level I am watching. If the stock can hold support and build a convincing recovery, I will reassess my position. However, if this level breaks decisively, I am prepared to take the loss rather than keep holding and hope for a rebound.

I do not want to average down simply because the price has fallen. Preserving capital is more important than proving my original decision right. Sometimes, stepping aside is the better choice.

I Can Always Come Back

Selling at a loss does not mean abandoning the AI memory story forever. If MUU stabilizes, regains important technical levels, and the competitive outlook becomes clearer, I can always re-enter at a better opportunity.

My approach remains simple: stay disciplined, manage risk, and avoid becoming emotionally attached to any position. I would rather accept a manageable loss today than allow it to grow into something much larger.

My takeaway: I remain interested in the long-term AI memory opportunity, but I will not ignore a weakening chart. If MUU holds its previous low, I will reassess. If support fails, I will take the loss and come back when the risk-reward looks better. Consistency over stubbornness.

$Micron Tech(MU.US)

The copyright of this article belongs to the original author/organization.

The views expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not reflect the stance of the platform. The content is intended for investment reference purposes only and shall not be considered as investment advice. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the content services provided by the platform.